Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Here is what you say...

I believe that I could have screamed every time someone asked me, "is the baby getting any milk" or "do you think she's crying because you're not making enough milk?"  Come on people!  If you're not a nursing mom and you're reading this, please make sure to never ask a nursing mom or any mom for that matter these questions.  For me it was down right insulting but don't get me wrong, I'm sure they weren't trying to piss me off.  They were just concerned and didn't know the right thing to ask or say. So, here is some advice on what to say..."let me take you into a nice, quiet area of the house and help you get comfortable.  Let me bring you a glass of water and while you're nursing the baby I will sweep your floors with the utmost respect and I will do it without making a peep so that your precious baby can nurse and fall asleep.  Once the baby is asleep, you will take a shower.  Once you're out of the shower, I will have something for you to eat.  Then, if you want to or need to, you can sit and pump while I run to the grocery store for you."  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment